Medicare Advantage Plans
Medicare Advantage (Part C) plans offer the benefits of Original Medicare in combination with prescription drug coverage and extra programs. Learn more about Part C coverage.
What do Medicare Advantage (Part C) plans cover?
Medicare Advantage plans (Part C) provide all of your Part A (hospital) and Part B (medical) coverage and must cover all medically necessary services. Many plans also offer prescription drug coverage and additional programs not covered by original Medicare. To enroll in a Medicare Advantage Plan, you must already have Original Medicare Part A and B coverage.
These plans are part of the government’s Medicare program, but are offered and managed through private insurers, like James Beach Insurance. Medicare Advantage Plans may include plan extras that are not available through Original Medicare. You must be enrolled in Medicare Part A and Part B to join. However, Medicare Advantage plans do not replace Medicare and are not a Medicare Supplement plan, either. Part C plans provide an alternative to Original Medicare (Part A [hospital] and Part B [medical]) and can offer additional coverage, including prescription drug coverage and extra programs and services.
With Medicare Advantage plans, you can get personalized, coordinated medical care at a lower cost, depending on your plan. There are many advantages of enrolling in a Medicare Advantage plan. You can get:
- All your coverage is bundled together into one convenient plan.
- The costs may be less than those of Original Medicare.
- Extra benefits such as coverage for vision, hearing, dental, wellness programs, and discounts on health-related items.
- Prescription drug coverage (if it’s included as part of the plan).
- All the rights and protections offered through the Medicare program.
- Help paying for premiums (subsidies), if you qualify.
- All the benefits of Medicare Part A and Part B plans, without buying supplemental insurance.
If you’d like to know whether you qualify to apply for this insurance package or will like to inquire further, please contact us for more information.